How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 12:59 PM

What was the first Cab song you heard? How did you first find out about them?

Replies to This Posting

1. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:01 PM

The first cab song I ever heard was Glitz and Glamour. My boyfriend told me I had to listen to this band and I'm glad he made me listen :)

2. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:20 PM

The first song I heard was One Of THOSE Nights. I was going to the Bamboozle Roadshow in 2009 knowing only We The Kings and Never Shout Never and I figured I should check out the other bands so I don't look super stupid at the show. The Cab was one of the other bands. :)

3. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:27 PM

I think the first song I heard was I'll Run - not positive on that. I heard about them when they were on the Honda Civic Tour back in '08 with Panic! At the Disco and Plain White T's. I wanted to hear some of their music before the concert so I looked them up on YouTube.

4. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Dazmin228 wrote:
    The first cab song I ever heard was Glitz and Glamour. My boyfriend told me I had to listen to this band and I'm glad he made me listen :)

Glitz and Glamour was the first song I heard too. I completely fell in love!

5. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:42 PM

First song was Bounce. I was watching MTV music videos last one night and fell in love. I bought the album right after they video finished.

6. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 2:04 PM

The first song I heard was Zzzzz, and I just stumbled upon it on youtube.

7. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 3:30 PM

My sister would not stop playing them... :P It was annoying at first but I liked what I heard.

8. Val avatar Val

Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM

The first song I heard by them was actually their cover of Disturbia. I remember my friend playing it in his car and wondering who this band was. When I got home, I looked them up and the rest is history. :)

9. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:06 PM

I was in a hotel room and "I'll Run" came on. I didn't actually get to hear it though, however, because my parents were complaining about the noise. I watched the video and was really intrigued. After that vacation, I went home and looked them up. The first song I heard was Risky Business and then it was love

10. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:45 PM

The first song I heard was the demo version of I'll Run.
    I found out about them by myspace of course.
    Rest in peace.

11. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 4:46 PM

One of those nights appeared on my tumblr dashboard and I listened to it because it has Patrick and Brendon in, I fell in love in that instant. I then went and looked them up, bought Whisper War and I haven't looked back since

12. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:14 PM

Last year AAR was touring with Warped Tour so heck ya I was going to go. I checked the rest of the line up and one of the bands that interested me was The Cab. Bought their album on iTunes on the faith that it would be awesome and omg it was. Well, is :)
    So I went to Warped, bought a shirt, watched their set and got them to sign my shirt. And that's my story :D

13. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I can't remember what the first The Cab song I heard, but it was probably Vegas Skies because my best friend is in love with that song and she is the one who introduced me to them like she does with most of the music I listen to!

14. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:43 PM

I was cleaning my house and listening to one of those TV channel music stations and One of THOSE Nights was playing and i ran into the room to see who the band was and bought the album later that day.

15. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:45 PM

I first heard The Cab the day they got signed to FBR. I got an email from FBR talking about how they just signed The Cab, then went straight to Myspace and looked them up.

16. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:47 PM

I had to admit, it was because of Brendon and Patrick in One of Those Nights. After some time of only having that song by The Cab I listened to Whisper War and the rest is history :D

17. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 5:57 PM

my first the cab song was probably the i'll run demo on myspace. my ex went to the cobra tour in early '08 and hooked me onto the guys. summer of '08 i listened to vegas & that '70s song lots... '70s has been a summer soundtrack staple ever since.
    xoxo patty

18. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 6:34 PM

i got a friend request with a message from a band called "the cab" on myspace, i actually listened and engaged in some conversation with them.... fell in love with the music, and the members. I believe the first song i heard was drunk love because it was the first song that played on their myspace at the time (i may be wrong) and then i was "suckered' into buying an EP. haha

19. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I heard about them from getting into the other FBR bands. I didn't listen at first and then finally heard the band and fell in love with them. I don't remember what song it was but I want to say "Take My Hand". Whichever it was I have loved them since.
    Jessica M. Brown

20. Re: How did you first find out about the Cab?

Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 7:26 PM

The first song I heard was "I'll Run." I am a big fan of FBR in general, and I had heard that The Cab was signed to FBR. They were headlining a show at a tiny, tiny venue in Fullerton...I'm trying to think what year it would have been, 2007 or 2008, the venue was called The Alley. I got to meet them and the rest was history!